GEFF Tajikistan provides finance, technical assistance and investment incentives to the private sector to contribute to the country’s sustainable growth. GEFF Tajikistan is а product of the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD), working in cooperation with the Green Climate Fund (GCF), the Republic of Korea (ROK) and the European Union (EU). The Facility operates through Participating Financial institutions, supporting country’s green economy transition, with $25 million of financing for energy and resource efficiency investments. GEFF Tajikistan helps businesses, farmers and households to reduce energy and resource-related costs and improve competitiveness through high performance technologies and practices.In partnership with the European Union, GEFF Tajikistan offers investment incentives for farmers and businesses across agricultural value chains, investing in modern and efficient equipment and technologies. The technical support is provided by а local GEFF team for various stages of project origination, investment appraisal and project implementation. This helps identify the best solutions and ensures that the investment proposal is technically eligible to be financed under GEFF.
Who is eligible
The following categories of borrowers can apply to GEFF financing:
- Micro, small and medium enterprises operating in agriculture and food-related industries and services across the agricultural value chains such as production, agri-food industries, food and beverages processing, packaging, storage and transportation.
- Individual Households and Housing Associations.
- Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises.
- Service providers or Vendors or Producers of eligible technologies.
Two broad categories of investments are eligible to be financed using GEFF:
Investments in standard pre-approved high-performing green technologies available on the online Green Technology Selector. The Green Technology Selector is an open list, and adding technically eligible items is free. If you know of an item that meets these technical criteria but is not yet on the list, you may add it here.
Positively assessed complex investment projects that lead to energy, resource and water savings not less than 20% respectively, as well as the positive environmental effect.
Examples of eligible technologies, including and not limited to the following core eligibility criteria:
- Intensive orchards (with drip irrigation)
- Irrigation pipes (diameter of pipes not less than 50 mm)
- Water pumps (minimum Efficiency Index of a pump not less than 0.1) Greenhouses (glass, polyethilen>100mm)
- Agricultural machinery (specific energy consumption maximum torque less than 233.57 g/kWh)
- Drip irrigation systems
- Efficient agri processing equipment (subject to assessment – energy or water savings not less than 20%)
- Cold storages (thickness of insulation not less than 100 mm, COP of chiller not less than 1.7)
- Rain water harvesting and storage (volume of water storage not less than 20m3)
- Energy efficient domestic appliances (EE class A+ of higher)
- Hot water cylinders (EE class C of higher)
- Biomass boilers (efficiency not less than 81%)
- LED lighting (efficacy not less than 66.9 lm/W)
- Insulation materials (thickness not less than 50 mm)
- Solar PV (efficiency not less than 14%)
- Solar collectors (efficiency not less than 75%)
- Equipment modernization (subject to assessment – energy or water savings not less than 20%)
- Rain water harvesting and storage (prefabricated)
Green economy investments are good for the economy, good for the environment that reduce greenhouse gas emissions, enhance energy and resource efficiency. GEFF benefits for private sector beneficiaries:
- Reduced energy, water and resource consumption and costs.
- Better productivity and reliability of equipment.
- Increased profitability and competitiveness.
- Increased comfort and value of the property.
- Send your request by e-mail email@example.com so that our experts contact you.
- Call us now to the number (44) 640 55 44 or 544 and our specialists will assist you in completing your application, selecting your technology and supplier.
- Visit our nearest branch and submit your application.